Tuesday, December 2, 2008

CRUDOS/DESPISE YOU/CROM this Saturday afternoon

So the "makeup" show for October's Latino Fest is this Saturday afternoon and truth be told I'm not even looking forward to it. I love LOS CRUDOS but their attempt to play at Latino Fest was a total disaster. CRUDOS meant (and still mean) a lot to me but there is no point in them playing to a bunch of drunken macho assholes. I already paid so I might as well go but I'm not expecting anything great. The only saving grace for this show is the fact that they only have the 3 bands that didn't get to play playing. 3 hours probably won't allow enough time for everyone to get wasted and belligerent.... Plus CROM had some funny banter the last time I saw them but I couldn't even see them (ditto for DESPISE YOU) when I "saw" them at some warehouse in downtown last year. The space had a big skate ramp where the bands played but no stage and everyone was crowding around the bands. I'm not a tall fucker and I wasn't feeling all the sweat so I mostly listened from the back. I'm hoping this place at least has a stage.

Anyways, read more chisme (gossip for you gringos) about Latinos fucking up their own fest here:
http://www.profaneexistence.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12854

and here:
http://www.profaneexistence.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13648

No comments: